By Feras Bosalum TRIPOLI (Reuters) - Protesters have shut down the eastern Libyan oil port Brega, state firm National Oil Corp (NOC) said on Saturday, days after the government celebrated the reopening of major ports following almost a year of blockage. NOC spokesman Mohamed El Harari said the state-run Sirte Oil Co would have to shut down its production of 43,000 barrels per day (bpd) if the protest by state oil guards continued, without being more specific about timeframe. Last week the government managed to negotiate an end to a protest blocking the 340,000-bpd El Sharara field in the southwest. The protesters at Brega are members of the petroleum facilities guards (PFG), a force made up mainly of former militia fighters who helped oust Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.
Read More http://ift.tt/1r7ilKX
No comments:
Post a Comment