By Nidal al-Mughrabi and Ari Rabinovitch GAZA/JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli navy commandos clashed with Hamas gunmen during a raid on the coast of the Gaza Strip on Sunday, the first such gunfight of a six-day Israeli offensive on the territory aimed at stopping Palestinian rocket fire. The Israeli force was attacking a site in northern Gaza used to launch long-range rockets when it came under fire, a military statement said. Hamas said its fighters had fired at the Israeli force offshore, preventing them from landing. Israel says a ground invasion of Gaza remains an option, and it has already mobilized about 20,000 reservists to do so, but most attacks have so far been from the air, hitting some 1,200 targets in the territory.
Read More http://ift.tt/1zxv2kB
No comments:
Post a Comment