Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Pelatih golf Rudi Rubiandini divonis 4,5 tahun bui
MERDEKA.COM. Pelatih golf Rudi Rubiandini, Deviardi yang menjadi terdakwa dalam kasus suap SKK Migas divonis 4,5 tahun oleh Pengadilan Tindak Pidana Korupsi Jakarta. Deviardi juga dikenakan denda sebesar Rp 50 juta, subsider satu bulan kurungan."Menjatuhkan pidana penjara selama 4 tahun dan 6 bulan penjara dikurangi dari masa tahanan yang telah dijalani," kata Ketua Majelis Hakim Matheus Samiadji, di Pengadilan Tindak Pidana Korupsi Jakarta, Selasa (29/4).Hakim menyatakan Deviardi terbukti menjadi perantara menerima suap bersama-sama Rudi semasa menjabat sebagai Kepala SKK Migas. ...
Read More http://ift.tt/QTV53p
Dua Mantan Tapol Ungkap Kekejaman Korea Utara
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta -Dua warga Korea Utara yang berhasil melarikan diri ke Korea Selatan mengungkapkan berbagai kekejaman yang dialami mereka saat hidup di kamp tahanan politik. Mereka memberikan kesaksian dalam acara Pekan Hak Asasi Manusia Korea Utara di Museum Galeri Cemara 6, Menteng, Jakarta Pusat, Senin malam, 28 April 2014.
Read More http://ift.tt/1rAi6DO
U.S. sanctions Putin allies as Ukraine violence goes on
By Maria Tsvetkova and Thomas Grove DONETSK/SLAVIANSK, Ukraine (Reuters) - The United States imposed new sanctions on allies of Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday, prompting Moscow to denounce "Cold War" tactics amid more violence in eastern Ukraine. The move to ban visas and freeze assets of the likes of Putin's friend Igor Sechin, head of oil giant Rosneft, also drew fire from President Barack Obama's domestic critics, who called it a "slap on the wrist." EU states added 15 more Russians and Ukrainians to their blacklist and will reveal them on Tuesday. The new round of U.S. sanctions, following those imposed last month when Russia annexed Crimea, barely registered in eastern Ukraine, where pro-Moscow rebels were holding a group of German and other OSCE military observers for a fourth day.
Read More http://ift.tt/1nTPCo2
Muslim Brotherhood spiritual leader among 683 sentenced to death in another mass trial
MINYA, Egypt - An Egyptian judge sentenced to death the Muslim Brotherhood's spiritual leader and 682 other people Monday in the latest in a series of high-stakes mass trials that have been unprecedented in scope, drawing sharp condemnation from international rights groups. The verdicts — which were appealed by general prosecutor— come as the military-backed government has launched a massive crackdown against Islamist supporters of ousted leader Mohammed Morsi, under the banner of "war against terrorism" while tightening its grip on the Arab world's most populous nation. Suggesting there might be room for reversal, the same judge also reduced the sentences against 529 defendants indicted in a similar case in March, upholding the death penalty for only 37 and commuting the rest to life imprisonment. Still, the three dozen death sentences that were upheld was an extraordinarily high number for Egypt, compared to the dramatic trial in the wake of the 1981 assassination of President Anwar Sadat, when only five people were sentenced to death and executed.
Read More http://ift.tt/1m2DxQJ
Microsoft warns of Internet Explorer security gap and 'limited, targeted attacks' on computers
REDMOND, Wash. - Microsoft says a security gap in Internet Explorer could allow an attacker to take complete control of a computer if the user clicks on a malicious link. Microsoft Corp. said Saturday that it was aware of "limited, targeted attacks" that tried to exploit the security gap. The company is working on a fix which it plans to provide in a software update on May 13. In the meantime, Microsoft encourages customers to enable a firewall, apply all software updates and install anti-malware software.
Read More http://ift.tt/1ixmClO
Obama reassures allies, but doubts over "pivot" to Asia persist
By Matt Spetalnick and Mark Felsenthal MANILA (Reuters) - From the elaborate details of a Japanese state visit to the more mundane question of how much face-time to give each of his Asian hosts, President Barack Obama's aides spent months meticulously scripting his four-country tour of the region. But as the week-long trip wrapped up on Tuesday it was clear that, while Obama scored points with skeptical allies simply by showing up, not everything followed the White House plan. The U.S. president's clear aim was to demonstrate that his long-promised strategic shift towards Asia and the Pacific, widely seen as aimed at countering China's rising influence, was real. "The key is what happens next," said Michael Kugelman, an Asia expert at the Wilson Center think-tank in Washington.
Read More http://ift.tt/1frTsF6