Popular News From Popular Sites: ICRC says five aid workers seized in western Afghanistan

Saturday, August 16, 2014

ICRC says five aid workers seized in western Afghanistan

By Krista Mahr KABUL (Reuters) - The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said on Saturday that five of its Afghan staff were kidnapped by a local armed group two days ago in the western province of Herat. "The incident happened when the team was traveling by road in Herat province on August 14," said Marek Resich, an ICRC spokesman in Kabul. In a separate incident, the Taliban abducted 13 people on Friday who had been working to clear mines in central Ghazni province and were traveling to the capital, according to a local official. "We have already spoken to elders in the area to use their influence and speak to the Taliban to release them," Shafiq Nang Safi, a spokesman for provincial governor, said on Saturday. Read More http://ift.tt/1yJvysp

No comments:

Post a Comment